Your pledge makes WSU a safer place to get around whether you walk, bike, or drive.
I PLEDGE THAT:
WHEN I DRIVE…
- I will look out for and yield to pedestrians.
- I will NOT be a distracted driver.
- I will obey speed limits throughout campus.
- I will use caution when driving through parking lots and garages.
WHEN I WALK…
- I will stop and look both ways before crossing a street.
- I will NOT be distracted on my phone or other gadgets when crossing the street.
- I will cross the street only at marked crosswalks and intersections.
- I will make eye contact with drivers to confirm I am seen before crossing the street.
WHEN I BIKE…
- I will always wear a helmet.
- I will NOT be a distracted cyclist.
- I will use bike lanes when available, & ride with traffic when bike lanes are not available.
- I will always cross the street at intersections.