DO NOT IGNORE A PARKING TICKET.
The Washington State University Parking Rules can be found online at this link, or in the Transportation Services office. It is the responsibility of all individuals parking on the campus to read and fully understand these regulations. Lack of knowledge of these regulations is not accepted as grounds for dismissal of parking tickets. Washington Administrative Code 504-15-030parking ticket is a non-criminal offense for which imprisonment may not be imposed as a sanction. RCW 46.63.060(2)(b)
Parking tickets may be appealed in writing within 10 calendar days of issuance. Appeal tickets online at this link, or in the Transportation Services office. The parking ticket represents a determination that a parking violation has been committed and the determination is final unless appealed. Washington Administrative Code 504-15-860
For information regarding how a ticket moves through the appeals process please refer to our Appeals Process Flowchart.
Before Appealing a Ticket
- Appeals must be submitted within 10 caledar days of issuance of the ticket.
- Washington Administrative Code 504-15-860 The appeal process does not affect the late fee time table. Thirty days after date of issuance of a parking ticket, a late fee shall be added to all unpaid parking fines. Washington Administrative Code 504-15-810 IMPORTANT: You may want to pay this ticket to avoid the late fee.
- Lack of knowledge of the Parking Rules does not constitute a valid excuse. It is the responsibility of all individuals parking on the WSU Pullman campus to read and fully understand these regulations. Lack of knowledge of these regulations is not accepted as grounds for dismissal of parking tickets.
- Washington Administrative Code 504-15-030 The fact that other vehicles are parked improperly does not constitute a valid excuse. – If an emergency or other extenuating circumstance is used for this appeal, a copy of any supportive documentation must be submitted at the same time you submit this appeal. Examples of supportive documentation may include doctor/hospital notes or receipts, mechanic repair receipts, tow receipts, or other official forms of documentation. To submit additional documentation please send an e-mail to the Transportation Services office at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference the ticket number, license plate number, and your name when sending additional documentation.
- Your past parking record will be considered by the Parking Appeals Committee.
- If you are dissatisfied with the preliminary decision, you may request a hearing before the committee. Such a request must be made to Transportation Services within 10 calendar days of the date of the Parking Appeals Committee decision. If no such request is made within the 10 calendar days, the original appeal decision shall be final.
- The management and assignment of parking zones is designed to provide a reliable parking space to permit holders. However, uncontrolled access to parking areas and unexpected parking demand make it impossible to guarantee a parking space in a permit holder’s assigned zone. Washington Administrative Code 504-15-540 Refunds:
- In the event that a refund is due, please allow 7 to 10 business days for refund processing. Refunds are processed by WSU Accounts Receivables. Refunds for credit card payments will be credited automatically to the credit card. Refunds to Non-WSU affiliates will be mailed to the address of the appellant provided on this appeal.
- Once you have read and understand the above parking ticket appeals information, follow this link to proceed with a Parking Ticket Appeal
Vehicles Subject to Wheel Lock
Any vehicle with an accumulation of three or more unpaid parking tickets is subject to placement on the wheel lock eligibility list. A fee will be assessed on vehicles which are immobilized with a wheel lock. Washington Administrative Code: 504-15-870