Washington State University is committed to equal access for all students, including those with disabilities. Disability parking is available throughout campus, and the City of Pullman operates accessible buses to and from campus through Pullman Transit. The City of Pullman also provides accessible transportation through their Dial-A-Ride program. Click here for more information on this service.
In addition to these services, WSU provides the Cougar Accessible Transportation Services (CATS) program, a courtesy service powered by Services and Activities (S&A) Fees offering accessible transportation on campus to students with permanent or temporary mobility impairment. Rides are scheduled on an individualized first-come, first-served basis. The hours of operation are between 8:00AM and 3:00PM Monday through Friday, excluding University Holidays. CATS do not offer on-call services nor a “fixed route” shuttle service. The CATS service area is limited to campus facilities only. No off-campus service provided.
Unfortunately, there will be times where demand exceeds service capacity. When this occurs, students are encouraged to seek alternate transportation options. Accommodations or alternative class options may also be available; students are encouraged to speak with their instructors or their Access Center Advisor.
Please Note: A valid WSU e-mail address is required to request services and for official correspondence. When submitting your schedule, include ALL ride requests, including return trips. You may need to submit more than once to include all trips desired. Only the CATS Coordinator approves rides and any changes in your ride schedule. The CATS Coordinator will confirm scheduled rides or any changes to rides via email. Scheduled rides are not guaranteed and may be cancelled due to high ride demand or insufficient funding to hire enough drivers.
- Submit a schedule of all your requested rides using the CATS Ride Request Form.
- During your first ride for verification, please bring your doctor’s note. CATS do not need to retain your documentation. However, without proper documentation, any subsequent rides may be canceled.
- Please allow up to two business days for processing ride requests. Rides requested after 3:00pm will be addressed the following business day. Rides are scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Any ride change requests must be submitted by email to email@example.com 24 hours prior to the requested change. The CATS Coordinator may offer slightly different times or locations, if the requested ride change time slot is unavailable.
- Same-day ride requests are not guaranteed. Notification is required at least 3 hours before the requested ride. Riders are asked to call (not email or text) the CATS Coordinator to request any changes at 509-432-4875.
- Be on time and at the scheduled location. The driver will not call to remind you of your ride. We have a 10-minute window between most rides, and the vehicle will leave at your scheduled pick-up time, whether you are in the vehicle or not. Missed rides without prior notice are counted as a no-show.
- If you are unable to make your scheduled ride time, call the CATS Coordinator at 509-432-4875 at least 30 minutes prior to canceling or rescheduling your ride. We cannot guarantee that you will arrive to class on time when this occurs. Keep your contact information current: Inform the Scheduler of any changes in your contact information.
- No-Show Procedures:
o Missing a ride without prior notification will be marked as a no-show, and all subsequent rides for that day will be canceled.
o An e-mail notice will follow the first no-show.
o A second no-show will result in services being terminated for the remainder of the current semester.
- Transporting friends: You may not bring friends along for the ride. An exception may be made for those whose impairments prevent them from carrying their own books to class. The doctor’s note must reflect this need, and only one additional passenger will be allowed.
- No open containers of food or drink are allowed in the vehicles.
If you are dissatisfied with any aspect of the CATS program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 509-335-7275.