Rules and Information
University Event RV Parking includes: Home Basketball Games, Commencement, Mom’s Weekend, Home Baseball Games, etc. University Event RV parking DOES NOT INCLUDE Home Football Games. Overnight parking is available for those Recreational Vehicles (RVs) that are fully self-contained. There are no hook ups available. The designated RV parking area for University Events are RV Region 5 and 6.
Note: RV parking rules for University Events are different from RV parking rules for Home Football Games.
How to Purchase for University Event RV Parking Areas:
University Event RV Parking Rules:
- RVs are welcome to check into their respective RV lots NO SOONER THAN 6pm on the Friday prior to the event. Any RVs in the lot prior to 6pm on Friday will be required to move and may be cited for lack of compliance.
- Please observe the Region 5 and Region 6 length restrictions. Important: This length measurement is from “Hitch to Spare”.
- TOW AND EXTRA VEHICLES: Tow/Extra Vehicles will be initially allowed into the RV lot for set up purposes. After set up, the vehicle must be moved to the designated Tow/Extra Vehicle lot, if applicable. After set up, Tow/Extra Vehicle passes will also allow access to the RV lot to drop off items for a maximum of 15 minutes.
- The license plate of the Tow/Extra Vehicle will be recorded on the Tow/Extra Vehicle Pass and may only be used on one vehicle for that weekend.
- An Extra Vehicle that is pulled by, or accompanies, an RV at the time the RV enters the RV parking areas will be charged an additional fee.
- Parking across numerous RV spaces is not allowed. RVs must pull into or back into all spaces and stay within the painted lines of the RV space.
- Awnings may be utilized at no additional charge as long as it is within the RV parking space. No other parking spots may be used for tents, build outs or cooking areas.
- RVs must be self-contained. No hook ups or dumping stations are available in these lots.
- Visitor parking is not provided in the RV parking areas.
- All fires must be contained in an approved container brought by the RV patron. Digging fire pits in the ground and burning on the pavement is not allowed. Coals and ashes from fire pits and barbeques must be disposed of in the containers designated for that purpose only.
Additional information on burning:
Portable Outdoor Fireplaces: Shall not be in excess of 3 feet by 2 feet and shall be used in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions and shall not be operated within 15 feet of a structure or combustible material. Any homemade fire places or pits shall be approved by the WSU Fire Marshal. Recreational fires shall be 3 feet by two feet in height and shall not be conducted within 25 feet of a structure or combustible material.
Prohibited Open Burning: Open burning that is offensive or objectionable because of smoke emissions or when atmospheric conditions or local circumstances make such fires hazardous shall be prohibited. Sec.307.1.1 IFC
Extinguishment Authority: The fire code official is authorized to order the extinguishment by the person responsible or the fire department of open burning that creates or adds to a hazardous or objectionable situation. Sec.307.3 IFC
Bon Fires: Must have prior approval from Fire Marshal or other fire code official. A Bon Fire shall not be conducted within 50 feet of a structure or combustible material and will require a fire watch during burning.
- Depending on weather conditions, burning fires in certain RV parking areas may not be allowed. The WSU Safety department will decide if a burn ban is required. Look here for the latest information on Burn Ban conditions.
- Quiet hours in these lots occur between 10pm and 7am. City of Pullman ordinance, 8.80.020.
- Alcohol consumption or open container in public prohibited. City of Pullman ordinance, 5.55.010.
- All those in non-compliance of these rules will be required to move and may be cited for lack of compliance where applicable.
- Permits are required AT ALL TIMES. Spaces are on a first-come, first-served basis within the respective pre-purchased zone.