Before Appealing a ticket
- Appeals must be submitted within 10 calendar days of issuance of the ticket.– Washington Administrative Code 504-15-860
- Note: The appeal process does not affect the late fee time table. Thirty days after date of issuance of a parking ticket, a late fee shall be added to all unpaid parking fines.– Washington Administrative Code 504-15-810 IMPORTANT: You may want to pay this ticket to avoid the late fee.
Follow this link for online ticket payment.
- Lack of knowledge of the Parking Rules does not constitute a valid excuse. It is the responsibility of all individuals parking on the campus to read and fully understand these regulations. Lack of knowledge of these regulations is not accepted as grounds for dismissal of parking tickets.– Washington Administrative Code 504-15-030
- The Parking Appeals Committee establishes and maintains an appeals procedure for parking violations on campus. This committee of volunteers is made up of Washington State University students, staff and faculty who are not employed or directly affiliated with WSU Transportation Services. The purpose of this committee is to ensure an impartial evaluation of the circumstances relating to a particular parking violation and aid in the appraisal of parking and traffic problems on the campus. – Washington Administrative Code 504-15-860
- The management and assignment of parking zones is designed to provide a reliable parking space to permit holders. However, uncontrolled access to parking areas and unexpected parking demand make it impossible to guarantee a parking space in a permit holder’s assigned zone.– Washington Administrative Code 504-15-540
- The fact that other vehicles are parked improperly does not constitute a valid excuse.
- If an emergency or other extenuating circumstance is used for this appeal, a copy of any supportive documentation must be submitted at the same time you submit this appeal. Examples of supportive documentation may include doctor/hospital notes or receipts, mechanic repair receipts, tow receipts, or other official forms of documentation. To submit additional documentation please send an e-mail to the Transportation Services office at email@example.com. Please reference the ticket number, license plate number, and your name when sending additional documentation.
- Your past parking record will be considered by the Parking Appeals Committee.
- Refunds: In the event that a refund is due, please allow 7 to 10 business days for refund processing. Refunds are processed by WSU Accounts Receivables.
Refunds for credit card payments will be credited automatically to the credit card. Refunds to Non-WSU affiliates will be mailed to the address of the appellant provided on this appeal.
- If you are dissatisfied with the preliminary decision, you may request a hearing before the committee. Such a request must be made to Transportation Services within 10 calendar days of the date of the Parking Appeals Committee decision. If no such request is made within the 10 calendar days, the original appeal decision shall be final.
- Suggestions, recommendations, or concerns about the Parking Rules can be communicated to Transportation Services.
- Follow this link to proceed with a Parking Ticket Appeal.