WSU Transportation Services wants to inform customers that several parking lots on campus will be closed this fall and winter. The decision to temporarily close parking lots has been made due the budget impacts of the COVID-19 Pandemic and the lack of demand for parking. Closing these lots will not only reduce expenses for snow removal, it will also reduce expenses for necessary lot maintenance in the spring.
Some select parking lots will be closed completely, and others will be signed as “No snow maintenance”. The “No snow maintenance” lots will remain open for use, but will not be plowed during or after snow events.
Each parking lot was strategically selected to continue to ensure adequate customer parking as well as to realize savings on maintenance and snow removal costs.
Below is a list of affected parking lots:
- Green 3 gravel parking lot at the corner of College and Spokane
- Green 3 gravel parking lot at the corner of Columbia and Spokane
- Green 3 gravel parking lot west of the Commons building
- Green 4 gravel parking lot at the corner of Thatuna and Colorado
- Green 5 gravel parking lot at the corner of Cross Road and Ferdinand’s Lane
No Snow Maintenance
Green Parking Lots
- Green 1 parking lot located south of the L.J. Smith building
- Green 2 parking lot at the intersection of Nevada and Stadium Way
- Northern half of Green 3 parking lot located west of the Washington building
- Western half of Green 3 parking lot located south of Daggy
- Green 4 parking lot behind Transportation Services building
- Northeastern half of the Green 5 parking lot located south of Beasley Coliseum
Yellow Parking Lots
- Eastern half the Yellow 1 parking lot located east of the indoor practice facility
- Northern half the Yellow 3 parking lot on Spring St.
- Yellow 3 Parking lot off of Reaney Way next to the Power Plant
- Middle portion of Yellow 4 parking lot located east of the Alumni Center
- Yellow 5 parking lot located east of the Behavior Lab
- Yellow 5 parking lot located east of the Environmental Health Services building
Red Parking Lots
- Red 1 parking lot next to the Incinerator
- Northern half of the Red 1 parking lot located east of Cooper Publications
- Northern half of the Red 1 parking lot located south of the Grimes Way Feed Plant
- Bottom two bays of the Red 4 parking lot
- Eastern half of the Red 5 parking by the outdoor tennis courts
Blue Parking Lots
- Bottom three bays of the Blue 1 parking lot located in the south of campus
- Blue 1 parking lot located west of the South Fairway Intramural Playfield
Crimson Parking Lots
- Crimson 2 parking lot south of Stephenson Complex (bottom half)
- Crimson 2 parking lot south of Rogers Hall (top half).
- Southern half of Crimson 2 parking lot at Olympia Avenue Residence Hall
- Eastern half of Crimson 3 parking lot located south of Stimson Hall
Gray Parking Lots
- Southern portion of the Gray 1 parking lot located east of Beasley Coliseum
- Gray 2 lot located off of Forest Way
Other Parking Lots
- Parking lot next to the Elson S. Floyd Cultural Center
Please see the 2020-2021 Snow Removal Map for exact locations of the above parking lots.
Please contact WSU Transportation Services with any questions.
WSU Transportation Services
PO Box 645500
Pullman, WA 99164-5500